Professor Dr. Goudarz Sadeghi Hashjin whose detailed CV appears below has been an outstanding faculty member and an influential executive authority during his career. His success stories, specifically during the period he was the chancellor of Urmia University, are heard frequently from his colleagues and the staff of Urmia University. He has developed a broad view of university mission and the unique synergistic power of university dynamics in shaping the overall form and orientation of the society, and zealously acts accordingly. Since he has started his chancellorship here in UMA, he has managed to inject a fresh momentum into the university’s already fast-fledging spirit.
He has been and is a lively citizen in general and he firmly believes in employing (and employs) all possible media in educating the youth in the route to make the world a better place to live for all. Raising responsible citizens through promoting liveliness, entrepreneurship, dynamicity and spirituality tops his agenda here in UMA.
Last updated: 1 November 2014
Date and Place of Birth: 1 July 1963, Khalkhal, Iran
1. DVM (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Urmia University, Iran, 1983-1989)
2. PhD in Pharmacology (Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, the Netherlands, 1992-1996)
1. Chancellor, University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Ardabil, Iran.
2. Assoc Professor of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Iran.
3. CEO, Omid Iranian R&D Inc, University of Tehran, Iran.
Executive Positions in Urmia University:
1. Dean (Junior Veterinary College of Khoy: 1990 for 6 months)
2. Vice Dean for Education & Research (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, 1996-1997)
3. Dean ( Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, 1997-1999)
4. Vice Chancellor for Research (Urmia University, 1999-2001)
5. Acting Chancellor (Urmia University, 2001-2002)
6. Chancellor (Urmia University, 2002-2005)
1. Selected Foreign Researcher (Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, Netherlands, 1996)
2. Selected Researcher (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Urmia University, Iran, 2002)
3. Candidate for Professor Doctor Degree and Gold Medal, (International Ecoenergy Academy, Republic of Azerbaijan, 2003).
Membership in the Specialized and Executive Committees in Urmia University (variable periods):
1. The First Distinctive Board: Juridical Member, The University Council (Juridical Member)
2. The Productivity Committee, Preliminary Disciplinary Committee of the Academic Staff
3. Mamber of the upstanding board of Research Institute for
4. University Council for Informatics, vice-chairman
5. Member of the University Council for Culture
6. Member of the Specialized Board for Veterinary Basic Science
7. Member of the Welfare Centre for Academic Staff
Membership in Scientific & Technical Bodies:
- Research and Technology Council of the West Azerbaijan Province (member and secretary general, 1997-2001)
- Pharmacology & Toxicology Branch (Veterinary Group, Ministry of Science, member and head, 1998-… )
- The Journal of Veterinary Faculty (Tehran University, member of the editorial board, 2000-2007)
- Iranian Veterinary Organization (Veterinary Drug Approval Commission, member, 2002-... )
- Iranian Ministry of Science, Research & Technology (The Governing Council of the North-Western Iranian Universities, Secretary General, 2002-2004)
- Iranian Comprehensive University for Applied Sciences (The Governing Council of the Centre in Miandoab Town, member, 2003-2005)
- The Iranian Veterinary Association (member, 1989-…)
- Dutch Pharmacological Society (1993-2000)
- Iranian Association of Physiology & Pharmacology (member, 1997-… )
- Iranian Association of Asthma & Allergy (2000-… )
- European Respiratory Society (2005-…)
1. Persian (Farsi): Native
2. Azeri Turkish: Native
4. Dutch: Familiar
5. Turkish: Familiar
1. Postal Address: University of Tehran, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, PO Box 6453, Tehran 14155, Iran
2. Phone: +98-21-61117190 (Work), +98-21-44042309 (Home) and +98-912-5008901 (Cell)
3. Fax: +98-21-66933222
4. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guiding & Judging Undergraduate and Postgraduate Theses, Books, Manuscripts, and Research Projects:
1. Supervisor of 7 PhD thesis
2. Examiner of 10 PhD theses (University of Tehran, Urmia University, Utrecht University,…)
3. Supervisor of over 55 and examiner of over 40 DVM theses and Postgraduate Diploma projects (Universities of Urmia, Tehran, Tabriz Islamic Azad, and Urmia Islamic Azad)
4. Evaluation of over 80 manuscripts for Iranian and international journals (Including Arch Med Sci, Eur J Pharmacol, Iran J Vet Res, J Fac Vet Med Uni The, Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, etc.)
5. Evaluation of over 5 books and 25 research proposals for Iranian universities.
1. Since 1996 I have taught pharmacology (basic, clinical and experimental) courses to BSc, DVM, MD, PGDip, and PhD levels to the students in the fields of veterinary medicine, medicine, physiology, pharmacology, veterinary pharmaceutical sciences, nursing and obstetrics.
2. In addition to Urmia University and the University of Tehran, my collaboration has covered other universities in Iran, namely the universities of Mashad, Ahwaz, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia Islamic Azad University and Tabriz Islamic Azad University. I have also some experience with teaching toxicology as well as biostatistics.
Full Papers in Scientific Journals (Research and Review Articles):
1. Aldavood SJ, Behyar R, Sarchahi AA, Rad MA, Noroozian I, Ghamsari SM & Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Effect of acetylcysteine on experimental corneal wounds in dogs. Ophthalmic Res 2003, 35, 319-323.
2. Alimehr M, Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Pourbakhsh SA & Nofouzi K. Isolation, identification and in vitro susceptibility of avian Escherichia coli to selected fluoroquinolones. Arch Razi Institute 1999, 50, 77-82.
3. Dalir-Naghadeh B, Sarrafzadeh-Rezaei F, Mobaraki L & Sadeghi-Hashjin G, A comparison between the effects of xylazine-ketamine and xylazine-thiopental combinations on the cardiac rhythm in dogs. Iranian J Vet Surg 2006, 1, 73-80.
4. Farkhondeh T, Boskabady MH, Koohi MK, Sadeghi Hashjin G & Moin M. The effect of lead exposure on selected blood inflammatory biomarkers in guinea pigs. Cardiovasc Haematol Disorders – Drug Targets 2013, 13, 45-49.
5. Farshid AA, Sadeghi-Hashjin G & Ferdowsi HR. Histopathological studies on the effects of peroxynitrite (ONOO-) on the lungs and trachea of rabbits. Eur Respir J 2002, 20, 1014-1016.
6. Khodabandeh M, Koohi MK, Malakootikhah J, Roshani A, Shahroziyan E, Badri B, Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Dermal safety of virgin and used oil enriched with copper nano particles in rabbits. Global Veterinaria 2011, 6: 362-365.
7. Khodabandeh M, Koohi MK, Roshani A, Shahroziyan E, Badri B, Pourfallah A, Shams Gh, Hobbenaghi R, Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Acute toxicity of virgin and used engine oil enriched with copper nano particles in the earthworm. J Physics: Conference Series 2011, 304: 012056 (pp 1-7)
8. Kolahian S, Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Asadi F & Moin M. The role of nitric oxide in airway responsiveness in diabetic-antigen sensitized guinea-pigs in vitro. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 2010, 9, 13-20.
9. Koohi MK, Asadi F, Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Badri B, Hajasghari Y, Shahrouziyan E, Malakotikhah J & Khodabandeh M. Comparative environmental safety of normal versus nano-cupper enriched engine oil. World J Zool 2012, 7, 1-5.
10. Koohi MK, Hejazi M, Mozaffari M, Paktinat SH, Sadeghi Hashjin G. Determination of organophosphorine pesticide residues in dairy products in Tabriz, Iran. J Food Sci Technol 2011, 8: 83-89.***
11. Ilkhanipour M, Hayatgheybe H & Sadeghi G. Experimental studies on the effects of nitric oxide on the percentage of platelete, red blood cells and white blood cells of guinea pigs. J Urmia Uni Med sci 2006, 17: 81-86.***
!supportLists]-->12. Ilkhanipour M, Moghaddami I & Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Impact of selected non-sterodial anti-inflammation drugs (NSAIDs), flunixin and ketoprofen, on peroxynitrite-induced inflammation and serum levels of cortisol and glucose. J Semnan Uni Med Sc 2006, 7, 113-117.***
13. Koohi MK, Shahroozian E, Ghazi-Khansari M, Daraei B, Javaheri A, Moghadam-Jafari A, Sadeghi Hashjin G. The effects of pentoxifylline pretreatment on aflatoxin B1-induced oxidative damage in perfused rat liver. Intl J Vet Res 2011, 5: 43-47.
14. Marandi M, Farahi N, Sadeghi A & Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Prion disease – current theories and potential therapies: a brief review. Folia Neuropathol2012, 50, 46-49.
15. Marandi Y, Farahi N, Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Asthma: beyond corticosteroid treatment. Arch Med Sci 2013, 9, 521-
16. Moghaddami I, Ilkhanipour M, Sadeghi Hashjin G. The comapative effects of analgesics, flunixine meglumine and ketoprofen, on pain induced by peroxynitrite in guinea-pigs. Zanjan Uni Med Sci J 2009, 17: 1-12.
17. Muijsers RBR, Folkerts G, Henricks PAJ, Sadeghi-Hashjin G & Nijkamp FP. Peroxynitrite: A two-faced metabolite of nitric oxide. Life Sci 1997, 60, 1833-1845.
18. Najafpour A & Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Vitamin C pre-medication enhances the anesthetic effect of ketamine-xylazine combination in the rat. Arch Med Sci 2007, 4, 340-343.
19. Naeimi S, Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Meurs H, Vojgani M, Muhammadnejad S, Bahonar A, Moin M. Effects of experimental thyroid dysfunction on the reactivity of isolated tracheal smooth muscle in the guinea pig. World Appl Sci J 2012, 16, 1398-1402.
20. Najati V, Ilkhanipoor M, Salehi Sh & Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Role of nitric oxide on the generation of atretic follicles in the rat ovaries. Pakistan J Biol Sci 2008, 11, 250-254.
21. Nasiripourdori A, Ranjbar B, Naderi-Manesh H, Mehrnejad F, Soofian S, Sadeghi G, Kolahian S. Structural-functional studies of peptides derived from a long-chain snake neurotoxin Naja naja oxiana. Physiol Pharmacol 2008, 12, 209-220.***
22. Panahi N, Mahmoudian M, Mortazavi P & Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Effects of berberine on β-secretase activity in a rabbit model of Alzheimer's disease.Arch Med Sci 2013, 9, 146-150.
23. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Abuhosseini M, Asri-Rezaei S. Role of Nitric Oxide in the Plasma Lipid Profile in the Rabbits. Arch Med Sc 2009, 5, 308-312.
24. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Abuhosseini Tabari M, Rasouli A, Muhammadnejad S, Moein M. Role of hyperlipidemia and sensitization in airway inflammation in the guinea pig. World Appl Sci J 2011, 13: 2089-2094.
25. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Dehrouye M, Arab H & Mohammadyar L. Effect of chronic lead intoxication on risky behavior in mice. J Shaheed Sadoughi Uni Med Sc 2010, 18, 159-163.***
26. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Henricks PAJ, Folkerts G & Nijkamp FP. Preparation of bovine tracheal smooth muscle for in vitro pharmacological studies. J Pharmacol Toxicol Meth 1995, 34, 103-108.
27. Sadeghi Hashjin G, Fallah F, Koohi MK. Influence of permethrin and cypermetrin on behavior in the mouse. Intl J Vet Res 2011, 5: 119-124.
28. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Folkerts G, Henricks PAJ, van de Loo PGF, van der Linde HJ, Dik IEM & Nijkamp FP. Induction of guinea-pig airway hyperresponsiveness by inactivation of guanylate cyclase. Eur J Pharmacol 1996, 302, 109-115.
29. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Folkerts G, Henricks PAJ, van de Loo PGF, Dik IEM & Nijkamp FP. Relaxation of guinea-pig trachea by sodium nitroprusside: Cyclic GMP and nitric oxide not involved. Br J Pharmacol 1996, 118, 466-470.
30. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Folkerts G, Henricks PAJ, Muijsers RBR & Nijkamp FP. Peroxynitrite in airway disease. Clin Exp Allergy 1998, 28, 1464-1473.
31. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Folkerts G, Henricks PAJ, Verheyen AKCP, van der Linde HJ, van Ark I, Coene A & Nijkamp FP. Peroxynitrite Induces Airway Hyperresponsiveness in Guinea Pigs In Vitro and In Vivo. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1996, 153, 1697-1701.
32. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Henricks PAJ, Folkerts G, Muis T, Garssen J & Nijkamp FP. Role of the epithelial layer in the generation of superoxide anion by the guinea-pig isolated trachea. Mediators Inflamm 1998, 7, 35-40.
33. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Henricks PAJ, Folkerts G, Verheyen AKCP, van der Linde HJ & Nijkamp FP. Bovine tracheal responsiveness in vitro: Role of the epithelium and nitric oxide. Eur Respir J 1996, 9, 2286-2293.
34. Sadeghi-Hashjin G & Manokzadeh H. Effects of selected antimuscarinic agents on the intra-ocular pressure in healthy rabbits. J Pharmacol Toxicol2008, 3, 382-385.
35. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Moslemi M, Javadi Sh. The Effect of Organophosphate Pesticides on the Blood Glucose Levels in the Mouse. Pakistan J Biol Sci2008, 11, 1290-1292.
36. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Naem S. Effect of peroxynitrite (ONOO-) on the viability of ovine liver flukes in vitro. J Helminthol 2001, 74, 1-4.
37. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Nijkamp FP, Henricks, PAJ & Folkerts G. Sodium cromoglycate and doxantrazole are oxygene radical scavengers. Eur Respir J. 2002, 20, 867-872.
38. Sadeghi Hashjin G, Sadeghi Dizaj F, Attaran H, Koohi MK. Malathion induces anxiety in the male adult mouse. Arch Med Sci 2013, 9, 368-371.
39. Salehi Sh, Ilkhanipour M, Nejati V & Sadeghi Hashjin G (2007) Physiological effects of NO-cGMP pathway on ovarian steroidogenesis in rat.Pakistan J Biol Sci 2007, 10: 1175-1179
40. Tehrani AA, Sadeghi G, Badamchi Z, Sanajou S, Hosseini Mansoub N, Azhari A. Effect of carbamates pesticide on Instar I-II larvae and adult Artemia urumiana. Annals Biol Res 2011, 2: 515-
41. Youssefi MR, Abuhosseini Tabari M, Sadeghi-Hashjin G & Kouhi MK. Iran J Vet Med 2012, 6, 47-50.
***: Articles in Farsi with abstracts in English .
1. Sadeghi-Hashjin G. A Review on the Pharmacological Effects and Clinical Applications of Aminoglycosides in Large and Small Animals. 1989, Urmia University (DVM undergraduate Dissertation in Persian), No. 144.
2. Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Nitric Oxide & Airway Responsiveness: a pharmacological approach. 1996, Universiteit Utrecht (PhD Thesis), Utrecht. ISBN 90-393-1044-0. In English with abstracts in Dutch and Persian
C. Books (in Persian)
1. Sadeghi-Hashjin G. The role of airway epithelial cells in asthma. In: Moin M (editor) Asthma: Basic & Clinical Sciences, pp. 122-137. Tehran, University Press Centre, 2003.
2. Sadeghi-Hashjin G (Translation Editor). Translation into Persian of: Katzung BG (2008) Basic & Clinical Pharmacology 10th Ed. Tehran, Teymourzadeh Publications, 2009.
3. Sadeghi Hashjin G & Abouhosseini Tabari M (Translators). Katzung & Trevor's Pharmacology: Examination & Board Review. Tehran, Teymourzadeh Publications, 2009.
D. Books (in English)
1. Koohi MK, Khodabandeh M & Sadeghi-Hashjin G. Safety and Toxicity of Nano Engine Oil. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2012.
2. Sadeghi-Hashjin G, Koohi MK & Motaghinejad. Morphine Agains Morphine: An Animal Experimental Approach to Mophine Withdrawal by Morphine. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2011.
D. Presentations and Abstracts in Scientific Conferences
Over 100 presentations with my contribution (as presenter, organizer, panel member, co-author, etc.) in national, regional and international congresses in the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Canada, Finland, Germany, France, Hungary, Iran, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Romania, Sweden, Thailand, and USA.