The 5th Seminar on Algebra and its Applications
September 5-7, 2018, Department of Mathematics and Applications,
Faculty of Sciences, University of Mohaghegh Ardabili
The 5th Seminar on Algebra and its Applications (5SAA) will be held September 5 - 7, 2018, at the University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Ardabil, Iran. It will indeed be an international event, with participants expected from several countries. It follows the successful for previous Seminar on Algebra and its Applications, held at University of Mohaghegh Ardabili in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
GOALS OF THE SEMINAR:
The main goal of the Seminar is to introduce Iranian faculty and graduate students to important ideas in the mainstream of algebra and its Applications. A secondary goal is for Iranian mathematicians to open channels of communication with algebraists from around the globe and eventually begin collaborative research projects. There will be free time during the Seminar, when all participants can talk informally and share their ideas.
The 5SAA is organized by the Department of Mathematics and Applications of University of Mohaghegh Ardabili. We thank the Faculty of Sciences for administrative assistance for Developing Algerba and its Applications.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
The scope of the 5SAA contains, but is not limited to, the following areas: (Note that the word "Algebra" contains Group (finite and infinite), Ring (Commutative and non-commutative) and modules (Noetherian and non-Noetherian).
- Combinatorial methods in Algebra (Note that the main stream subjects like "combinatorial methods in commutative algebra and algebraic geometry'' are contained in this part).
- Homological methods in Algebra (Note that the main stream subjects like "Representation theory of algebra" are contained in this part).
- Topological and Geometrical methods in Algebra (Note that the main stream subjects like "Topological combinatorics", "convex geometry" and ... are contained in this part).
After the seminar, the authors will be invited to submit a full version of their papers to be considered for publication to a special issue of:
- Journal of Hyperstructures
- Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics.
Image for from our archive (4SAA, August 2016)